Special Olympics Project UNIFY® is an education and sports based strategy powered by an engaged youth community that increases athletic and leadership opportunities for students with and without intellectual disabilities, while creating communities of acceptance for all.
Attention all Youth Leaders!
Cycle 4 of Special Olympics Innovation Grants is now open. Innovation Grants are project based grants of $1,000-$2,000 awarded to youth leaders with and without intellectual disabilities to promote inclusion in their school and community. Applications are due Wednesday, October 9, 2019.
Projects can include:
- Create or expand Unified Schools and Universities
- Engage new inclusive youth leaders
- Drive sustainability and quality in school based programs
Unified Champion Schools is an education and sports based approach powered by an engaged youth community that increases athletic and leadership opportunities for students with and without intellectual disabilities while creating communities of acceptance for all.
A Unified Champion School is comprised of three core components:
- Inclusive Sports - students with and without intellectual disabilities participate in sports alongside each other.
- Inclusive Youth Leadership - youth are the pioneers of an inclusive movement - leadership in classrooms and community.
- Whole School Engagement - entire schools accept and include students and others with ID.
How can you get involved?
- Take the Pledge to End the R-Word
- Become a Unified Sports Partner
- Become a Special Olympics Coach
- Fundraise or Participate in a Jackalope Jump
- Join the Youth Activation Committee or become a mentor
- Be a Fan in the Stands
Learn more about Unified Champion Schools:
Becoming a Unified Champion School:
Get started now! Call (307) 235-3062