Summer Sports Classic August 16th &17th, 2019 in Casper
The 2019 Summer Summer Sports Classic will feature Softball, Unified Golf, Cyclcing and this year ... ... ... featuring Adult Bowling!
More information coming soon! Please contact Dan Lang with any questions.
Attention all equestrian competitors!
Equestrian will be it's own competition in 2019. Click here to get to the Equestrian page for more info!
~45 Unified Sports Partners
~60 Coaches and Volunteers
Softball and Bocce
North Casper Sports Complex
1700 East ‘K’ Street
Casper, Wyoming 82601
El Mark-O Lanes
2800 CY Ave
Casper, WY 82604
Casper Municipal Golf Course
2120 Allendale Boulevard
Casper, Wyoming 82601
There are no area Softball or Golf tournaments currently scheduled. If you are interested in hosting an area competition, please contact Dan Lang.
Other Registration Resources:
2019 Summer Sports Classic Information Packet
• Individual Skills Contest Score Card (for determining Individual Skills Qualifying Score)
• Team Rating Form (required for EACH registered Softball team)
• Softball Individual Assessment for Team Rating Form
• Softball Batting Order (complete and submit at competition)
Softball Team Competition:
- Athletes may compete in either the Team Competition or Individual Skills competition but not in both.
- Athletes competing in team events must have numbers on the back of their uniform that are a minimum of 6” tall. See the Coordinators Manual regarding uniform specifications.
- Athlete must wear athletic attire appropriate for their sport and weather conditions. This means team players need numbers on the back of uniforms.
- Jeans are not appropriate for either coaches or athletes.
- Shirts are expected to be tucked in and neat.
Softball Individual Skills Competition:
- Individual Skills are outlined in the softball rules available on the Sports Resources Page.
- Individual Skills is comprised of:
- Base Running
- Special Olympics has established minimum training standards for athletes to prepare for competition.
- The purpose of training is to assure that athletes have the skills and stamina to compete safely at area and state competition.
- All athletes (and partners) should participate in an 8-10 week minimum training program.
Special Olympics Wyoming would like to extend the invitation for you to join us by volunteering at the 2019 Summer Sports Classic in Casper, WY.
REGISTRATION AVAILABLE AT A LATER DATE
*Meals will be available to volunteers that pre-register to volunteer!