February 5-7, 2019
Click here for Winter Games at a Glance
~20 Unified Sports Partners
~140 Coaches & Chaperones
Registration: The State Winter Games registration survey can be found HERE.
Alpine & Snowboard
Snowshoe & Cross-Country Skiing
1 mile south-east of Jackson Town Square, trailhead is located at the corner of Hansen and Rancher Streets. Follow Broadway east and turn right on Rancher Street. Follow south to Hansen. Street parking available
|Host Hotel & Banquet
Snow King Resort
400 E. Snow King Avenue
Jackson, WY 83001
Winter Games Banquet Theme:
Athletes must compete in Area Games in order to qualify for State Games. Check out the Area Games page for more information. Scheduled Area Games are noted below as well as on the Area Games Page. Should you have any questions, please reach out to the designated Area Director. For questions about Area II, Area III, and Area V Games, please reach out to Dan Lang.
Weather Contingency Plan
Weather in Wyoming is unpredictable. In the unfortunate event that we encounter inclement weather, the President and CEO and the Vice President of Programs will be the final authority regarding cancellation or postponement of any phase of the Winter Games. If weather does force any schedule adjustments for the games or related special events, information concerning postponements or cancellations will be available on the Special Olympics website and Facebook pages. Coaches are also encouraged to sign up for TEXT UPDATES. Instructions for how to sign up for this text message service will be coming soon!
Winter Games are quickly approaching so please ensure that you are taking the proper steps to secure hotel rooms for your teams. It is strongly suggested that you do not wait until the last minute to book!
Snow King Resort
If you are ready to book your hotel room(s) for Winter Games, the Snow King Resort has graciously reduced their room rates to $119/night this year and no resort fee!
If you are interested in staying at the Snow King Resort for the 2019 Special Olympics Winter Games, please use this link to book your rooms online to receive the group rate: Book Now.
Interested in learning more about Snow King Resort? Review their e-brochure HERE.
Interested in volunteering for the 2019 Winter Games in Jackson or know someone who is? If so, review the official 2019 Volunteer Flyer and reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Carolyn Burke to sign up! Carolyn can be reached at 307.413.0056 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have athletes that need to update either their Medical Consent Form or have a new athlete that needs to complete an Athelete Application Form, you can find those below. Please ensure that you submit these ASAP to our office so we can input the information into our records. Please reach out to Amanda Ward (email@example.com) with any questions.
Registration Materials: (Each team must complete the Delegation Registration Form, the Volunteer Roster AND the Sport-Specific Registrations).
The registration athlete and volunteer forms that you submit for your Area competitions will be the same forms that we utilize for your State competitions.
Please note: you will still need to complete an updated State Registration form online but your athlete competition forms and Volunteer Roster will be those you submitted for Area Games. We have transitioned to a "one and done" system of submitting athlete and volunteer information. Should you have any questions about this process, please reach out to Regan Diller.
The forms that you will need to complete are provided below.
• Form 1: Delegation Registration:
Area Registrations can be found on the Area and Local Programs Page
State Registration can be found HERE
• Form 2: Volunteer Roster
• Form 3: Sport Registrations or GMS
(below are different formats of each registration, please use the one that works best on your computer):
• Form 4: State Games Competition Change Form
Winter Season Information Guide Coming Soon - This guide should be able to answer questions regarding housing, meals, schedules, etc. Please reference this guide before calling the state office with questions.
Alpine Athlete Interests Form- Fill this form out for your alpine athletes so Crazy Tom can announce fun facts as athletes race.
- Athletes may enter and compete in one sport.
- Athletes must compete at the same level for all events.
- Athletes must enter consecutive distances (Ex: 10 meter, 25 meter and 50 meter)
- Athletes may compete in one event per block (see Block Schedule - DRAFT)
- The Official Special Olympics Sports Rules shall govern all competition. National Governing Body (NGB) rules shall apply except for when they are in conflict with the Official Special Olympics Sports Rules.
- Athletes may not compete in the same event as an individual and then as a member of a Unified Sports team.
- In order to properly division athletes for time trials please be sure to include qualifying times on the registration forms for each event for which an athlete is registered.
- Special Olympics has established minimum training standards for athletes to prepare for competition.
- The purpose of training is to assure that athletes have the skills and stamina to compete safely at Area and State competition.
- All athletes (and partners) should participate in a training program for at least 8-10 weeks, and if/when possible, longer.
- When programs are unable to find adequate snow or facilities, strength and conditioning programs should be implemented to supplement but not replace sport specific training.
Winter Games Volunteer Info
Special Olympics Wyoming would like to extend the invitation for you to join us by volunteering at the 2019 State Winter Games in Jackson, WY February 5-7. Please contact Carolyn Burke, the Volunteer Coordinator at (307) 413-0056 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on available volunteer opportunities.
*Meals will be available to volunteers that pre-register to volunteer!