Be a Catalyst for Change: Become a Unified Sports Partner
Experience a volunteer opportunity like no other; become a Unified Sports Partner. Special Olympics athletes, with an intellectual disability, and Unified Sports partners, athletes without an intellectual disability, practice and compete on sports teams together!
Special Olympics Wyoming offers Unified Sports opportunities in the following sports:
- Aquatics (Swimming)
- Athletics (Track)
- Cross Country Ski
Unified Sports teams come in all shapes and sizes depending on the sport!
To find available Unified Sports opportunities in your area contact your local program coordinator.
Unified Sports Partner Requirements
- Ability to attend Area and State Competitions
- Ability to commit to practices during the sport season
- Understanding of the Special Olympics Sports Rules
- Completion of the Unified Sports Partner Application
- Completion of the Class A Volunteer Application
- Completion of the Protective Behaviors Training
- Completion of the General Session
It is also recommended Unified Sports partner complete the free online Unified Sports training to better understand their role as a volunteer with Special Olympics.
Contact Regan Diller for more information!